Kwara Youth Empowerment Program held an event on 12 of August 2018 which took place at banquet hall Ilorin Kwara state opposite the government house tagged Kwara Youth Reinvention Summit which attracted youths from all part of the state and the Governor of the state was also invited along with the senate president of Nigeria.
Kwara Youth Reinvention Summit 2018 is a two-day summit been proposed as a preceding event to the flagging off of Kwara Youth Empowerment Program, KWAYEP, (a new corps scheme brought up as an initiative of the Kwara State Government through the office of the Senior Special Assistant to the executive governor).
The two-day event tagged KWARA YOUTH REINVENTION SUMMIT is being structured to basically re-orientate, re-educate, support, promote, facilitate and enhance youths in KWARA (indigenes and other residents). It will include the following;
-keynote speech (SSA)
-training sessions (facilitators)
-flagging off of KWAYEP Corps scheme
The first day is proposed for the training sessions while the second day is basically for the exhibitions and flagging off exercise by the executive governor.
Theme: Inspiring Innovative Thinking Towards Self-Reliance, Economic Growth and Sustainable Development.
The program is designed to reach out to 1, 500 youths across the state. It is strategically positioned to equip youths with 21st century compliant tools for career development, entrepreneurship and life mastery towards a successful and fulfilling life expedition.
Find below the designed program itinerary, subject to additions and more suggestions;
- Opening Ceremony
- Welcome Address by the SSA
- Goodwill Messages
- Introduction of Corporate Partners and Sponsors
- Training of Participants
The Training Will Focus on the following Areas:
- Career Development and Job Placement – How to seek, win and sustain the desired job and build an outstanding professional and enviable career life.
- Entrepreneurship Mastery – Realistic truth and practical tools needed for Nigerian based youths to start, scale and sustain a business.
- Life Mastery Class – How to use brand codes to spot and maximize opportunities using social media as a platform.
• Arrival and Commencement of Event
• Success stories of young entrepreneurs in the state
• Feedback from participants
• Remarks from the facilitators
• Words from lead sponsors and partners
• Governor’s remarks
• Senate president’s remarks
• Flag-off of Kwara Youth Employment Program (KWAYEP)
• Exhibition of products and services from young entrepreneurs in the state