The Innovate for Life Fund aims to invest in African health entrepreneurs to accelerate home-grown health solutions for the African market.
We offer African health sector-specific support: knowledge, network and access to funding. This is combined with business coaching by an experienced fund management organization.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate entrepreneurs with an innovative product or service that is already in the market and aims to improve primary health care in Africa. The solution must have proven successful in a smaller setting through verifiable traction, including revenue generation, which we will support to scale. To stimulate home-grown innovation, the Innovate for Life Fund targets entrepreneurs based in Sub Saharan Africa countries with 50% of the founders being from a Sub Saharan Africa country.
A health panel and selection committee will vet the applicants and their decision will be final.
What do we offer?
• The opportunity to develop your proposition in a strategic partnership with Africa’s leading health organization;
• A tailor-made, health sector specific training and mentoring program divided in two phases. Phase I: 8 weeks, 6 entrepreneurs. Phase II: 4 weeks with the top 3 entrepreneurs.
• In a small group of a maximum of 6 entrepreneurs;
• Guidance of an experienced international fund management organization;
• Mentorship and coaching by experienced health and enterprise professionals.
• Access to key African stakeholders in the health sector;
• Access to an international network of donors, investors and (corporate) partners;
• The programs will invite up to three of the most promising enterprises for discussions aimed at strategic partnership with Amref Health Africa.
The Innovate for Life Fund supports innovative entrepreneurs towards follow up investments. To do this traditional (impact) investors and donors will be engaged from the start, via the Amref network of offices in Europe, Northern America and Canada, to follow them on their entrepreneurial journey and to invest when appropriate.
Deadline for applications: 15th June 2018
Notification to winners: By 15th August 2018
Accelerator programme: From September 17th 2018
For more information click on the link below:
To apply visit: