Effective management of youths is crucial in making them productive members of their communities. Youths are usually filled with bright ideas, initiatives and energy which can contribute significantly to the development of their communities, if properly harnessed. Unfortunately, these attributes are often not tapped due to the inadequate mobilization and participatory skills of the youth leaders, development officers and practitioners. These skills are necessary for managing youths and mainstreaming them into community and national development.
This course, therefore, is designed to enhance the participants’ knowledge and skills to effectively manage the youths. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• mobilize and organize youths for community development programs and initiatives;
• apply participatory approaches in managing the youths; and
• use a variety of management skills/techniques to effectively manage the youths.
• Youths and community development.
• Organizing and motivating youths for community development.
• Participatory approaches for managing the youths.
• Leadership skills for managing the youths.
• Entrepreneurial skills for youths.
• Team building.
• ICT skills for youth development.
• Conflict management.
• Developing and delivery advocacy messages.
Training Methods: Lectures, exercises, role plays, case studies and group discussions.
Who Should Attend:
Youth leaders, Manager of youths’ organizations, staff in the Ministries of Women and Youth Development in Federal and States, Women and Youth Workers at LGA, Staff of Students’ Affairs in the Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other higher institutions, NGOs and CBOs etc.
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria.
16 – 20 Apr, 2018, 5 days.
To book now click on the link below: